Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Apologies and additions

First, I have a very sincere apology to give to any of you who have checked this blog here in the past few months. This summer has been one of tests (literal and metaphorical), obligations, over-extensions, and sleeplessness, given recess only by brief moments of forced relaxation, which felt a paradox to me, only so I didn't fully lose my sanity and self. It was a time that required to me to shun the unnecessary or "not right now" so that I could accomplish the "this must be completed now or you shall fall into a never ending deep abyss of graduationlessness". And I did accomplish the necessary. I did finish my undergraduate coursework. And I will graduate in December! (Take that incessantly troublesome summer course! IN YOUR FACE)

So, I apologize many times over.

Now, there are many a thank you's to give since I denied my blogging responsibilities for such a time!

Here is a giant and glorious thank you to:
  •  Sido and Will and all the helpers of the Cajun Invasion fundraising event held in Chicago in May!! They helped raise Chanel and I over 2,000 buckaroos!! In one night! That amount far surpassed what I was expecting but most importantly it brought us 2,000 dollars closer to Asia! 
  • To all of the attendees of the Cajun Invasion Crawfish Boil (please excuse any misspellings!):
    • Emily D’Andrea
    • Alex Rabalais and Bill Morrissey
    • Brandon Binkley and Jeneca Onikoyi
    • Matt and Jen Welk
    • Seth and Michele Tucker
    • Allison, Rob, Reeve, and Gabriel Coleman
    • Dare Millet and Pam Lamaster-Millet
    • Kara Braud
    • Kevin Steward
    • Jake Bondhus, his mom Mrs. Bondhus, and Katie Glottinyer
    • Arnold Lagos
    • Gaby Lagos
    • Cathrine and Adam Reach
    • Jonathan Cantreus
    • Tess Kisner
    • Khalfani Faulkner
    • Hannah Wilson
    • Michael Singer
    • Jeff and Cynthia McIntosh
    • Patrick and Jordan Lynch
    • John Huston and Cynthia Castiglione
    • Cathy Rigod
    • Casey and Rey Serantes
    • Chris and Sandy
    • Billy and Tiffany
    • Joe D.
    • Shellie, Meg, and Russ
    • Lee Gordan
    • And the countless others who were having too much food and fun to stop and sign in! 
  • Mr. Richard and Jackie Henke, you have both always been so kind to me. Thank you for helping Chanel and I do this. I think of you often and wish the best for you both!
  • Thank you Dan for your donation on GoFundMe and the kind words. The words help as much as the donation, if not more!! 
  • Armand Dozie, thank you!! It was so kind of you to do this for us!  
  • Dave and Elizabeth Wiesenmayer, thank you thank you thank you! 
  • Courtni Guidry, you have given me such piece of mind over the past few years. I was thinking about you the other day and realized you had become more of a friend than an academic adviser. You were always there for me. Always always. You helped me relentlessly to feel comfortable in the midst of collegiate chaos.  Thank you for who you are and the donation!
  • Rachel Richardson, thank you for your donation! I hope you (and all who donate) understand that I (we) take your donation as faith. You have faith in what Chanel and I can accomplish. The lives that we will change and the lives that will change ours. Thank you!!
  • And a thank you to a certain friend of mine from LSU's campus, Kendall. You have been a pleasure to get to know. From my honest heart. Thank you for your donation and for always saying hi. I wish you all the good things life can give.
I have to send another thank you and hug to Sido and Will. You guys have busted some serious butt helping us two girls out. Sido..I think I told you about how I was talking to dad a while back. I was talking to dad and he said that he never had an older sibling to do this for him. And I have two. I have two sisters that stretch themselves thin, stay up many late nights, spend frugally, and still live their own lives, all to give a little love. One of the most exquisite loves. The world should know more of it. A love that never fails you. Never fades on you. And beyond that, always exceeds what is necessary for simple sibling love. But us girls do not share a simple love. I don't mean this to say it is complicated. It is not. But it is fierce and it is devoted. I thank you will all I ever could. More than my words can give. I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment